Friday, August 15, 2014

Day 76 - Etretat

Today we drove to Etretat, which is exactly what I needed to lift my spirits as the last few days I have been feeling particularly tired - probably due to a combination of the cold we all caught, and my "cat detox". This, plus my mixed feelings about going back home soon, had me feeling a bit down yesterday.

The weather was very windy, and the wind was cold, but there was no rain. The place is beautiful - the pictures below will tell the story - but my favorite part by far was sitting down and hearing the waves crash against the rocks over and over again. I have always loved that sound, and in Etretat it was particularly loud. I could have sat down and listen to it all day long. That and the girls throwing rocks, laughing, and having a good time totally made my day.


No comments:

Post a Comment