Sunday, August 10, 2014

Day 71 - Saint Die - Lazy sunday

Today was a lazy Sunday, which is probably a good thing considering we have been on the go for the last couple weeks. This is especially true for the girls. We got up late, had breakfast, and all the kids got in the pool while the adults talked and hung out. I also went for a 3 mile run with Benoit, Celine, and Pierre, Benoit's 8 year old son. The run was 80% hills, so I had to walk couple times while I followed Pierre, who was my guide for the run since Benoit and Celine were a bit behind. When we got back to the house my GPS watch indicated 2.8 miles, so I went back out until I got to exactly 3.1 - it is a mental thing of mine.

For lunch we had Paella, which Lucie (Benoit's wife) had ordered from a Spanish woman that moved here to take care of her grand kids. Since there were many of us, there was a table for the adults and one for the kids. Pierre sat with the adults though - I don't think he wanted to be surrounded by the girls. After the paella we had a ridiculously huge selection of ice cream - something tells me they are used to having tons of people over around here.

After lunch all the girls took a walk with Celine and Benoit, before Celine's family had to leave to go back to Paris. But before they left, we took a picture with all the cousins together.

For the rest of the day we took it easy, just enjoying the time we have in here since tomorrow we are leaving again and it will actually be a long travel day. I am afraid the kids will be particularly sad to leave though, since we felt so welcome and they had lots of fun with the other kids.




No comments:

Post a Comment