Friday, June 11, 2010

El Mundial

The 2010 World Cup starts today.

I am usually not one to watch sporting events, much less to get excited about them. I do like playing sports. I just don't like watching them.

But THIS? This is different. This is "THE" sporting event around the globe. And for me, this is a little piece of home. It's amazing to think that this is something billions of people can enjoy, regardless of their countries of origin, religion, occupation, or social status.

So yes, I am actually excited! It also helps that Mexico is playing the opening game.

Of course we will have a divided household. I will be supporting Mexico and Lionel will be supporting France. And they will be facing each other as they happen to be in the same group. But we'll get through it. We'll just have to be good sports about it.

Here we go...

No comments:

Post a Comment