Sunday, June 20, 2010

My sister. My twin.


Today was my sister's birthday. It would be wrong of me to just write here how old she is, but I can at least say she is older than me.

So I’ve basically known her for 33+ years. And I can honestly say that for most of that time, she has been my best friend. I am sure we went through stages when we were not all that close, but funny thing is, I don’t really remember any of those. What I do remember is my big sister constantly being there for me.

She is my only sister, but I’ve never really felt like I needed more than that.

Throughout the years many people have thought that we are twins. If you ask us, we don’t really look that much alike. But for some reason our familiar looks seem to throw people off. When we were in college, some people even though there were three of us.

I love my sister so much, that not only I would trust her with my life. I would trust her with something even more important than that. If Lionel and I were to leave this world before my girls are all grown up, she is the one person I would want to remain in charge of their lives.

Now that we are adults we each have our own families. So we have to share our time and affections with more people than ever before. But I know we will always have a special place in each other’s heart.

Feliz CumpleaƱos Gabi!!


2 comments:

  1. Uf, que lindo es tener hermanas que son como la mitad de uno no, creo que somos muy muy afortunadas de tenerlas y quererlas tanto, y una vez mas ojito Remy nerd!!!! Me voy a tener que traer una caja de kleenex para leer tu blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember the first time I met Gabi ( I had already met you) at Kate and Teresina's apartment for a party they were having. I thought she was you the whole time because I didn't know you had a sister and you looked so much alike! And let's not forget about how much your NAMES are alike. :o) It took me a little while to catch on and figure out who was who!

    ReplyDelete