Saturday, June 12, 2010

Rain, rain, go away...



Today I went grocery shopping in the pouring rain. If I can, I usually avoid going out in the rain, but today it was Ok. I had just come back from the gym, so I knew I would have to take a shower anyway. Besides, it looked like it  was going to rain all day.

This was really my second rain encounter of the day. When I was at the gym I left my car’s rooftop open. You probably know what happened next.

The grocery store was surprisingly not empty. I cruised most of the isles looking for good stuff not on my list. And even bought some beer as I was hoping my dad would come visit later in the day. Not that he is particularly a big drinker. I just thought that would make me look like I was a better and more prepared host than I really am.

As usual I spent a lot of money on food, and on my way out I made small talk with my cashier; and old lady with a wrinkled 3 hearts tattoo on her left wrist. I am sure she welcomes the opportunity to say more than “paper or plastic?” throughout the day.

I then finally made it to my car, with my feet soaking wet and a bunch of random thoughts in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment