Wednesday, June 30, 2010

MB Concert

Someday, my girls will be crazy about a particular artist. And when that happens, I am sure I will roll my eyes at them. I will shake my head. I will think that being so excited about someone you've never met - and likely will never meet - is completely, 100% RIDICULOUS.

I will probably also think that their music or particular skill is horrendous. The way they dress, dance, or carry themselves may even be offensive to me. I will begrudgingly buy my kids tickets to go see them.

When that time comes, I know my girls will get mad at me because I don't understand them. They will be in complete disbelief about how unemotional I will be about their artist. They will think that I was never in their shoes.

So this post is a gift for them...

Today I am taking my sister to the Michael Buble concert in Columbus, which means we are driving couple hours each way for it. And at 33 years old, I couldn't possibly be more excited about it. I paid some serious money for 5th row tickets because I wanted to have good seats. That's the advantage of being as excited as a 15 year old, but having the budget -and freedom to spend it- of a grown up.

We are also leaving early so that we can get there during the sound check and hopefully at least get a glimpse of it all. And you bet I am dressing up!

I saw him back in March in Cincinnati for the very first time, but we had terrible seats. And Lionel and I will see him in Vegas, but in terms of seats, this is as good as it gets for me. So since we are going to be so close to the stage, I decided to do what I have never done before: Make a sign. In fact, I actually made two, one for my sister (you're welcome Gabi) and one for me.



No comments:

Post a Comment