Sunday, May 2, 2010

The beginning...


Today I realized that I have too many random thoughts to fit them into my Facebook status. So i decided that I wanted to start a blog. Out of nowhere I blurted this out to my husband who quickly responded: "Blogs have been around for so long, and you never showed any interest in them. So what are you going to write about?" ... It's not like I had given this too much thought. It was a brand new idea after all! So I simply said: "About my life, about the girls, about all the random things that happen to us every day".


So here I am...



While creating my blog step #1 was to give it a name ... hmmmm ... I hadn't thought much about that either. So I just chose a phrase that sometimes describes my girls so well:"Chicas Terremoto". Hope that is not too lame. But if it is, that is Ok. After all, I think I am really writing this for myself. Good thing I guess, considering that nobody else may come across these lines. I wonder how many blogs are even out there.



I am glad I am doing this. I should have started a long time ago. I love to write. I always did. When I was in school my classmates always used to dread writing papers, but I secretly loved every minute of it. We all have a guilty pleasure right?



I haven't quite figured out whether I should write in Spanish or English. Maybe it will depend on the day.



Good night to me.



2 comments:

  1. HCM's last goddess of TCC here.

    Chicas Terremoto? You have to translate that for this native English speaking chica. My spanish is dangerous at best.

    I an attest to the fact that you love to write. I remember all of your notes that you took during our transition. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there TCC Goddess ... notes? What notes? :) ...

    "Terremoto" literally means "earthquake" and chicas means "girls". I call them that because she have so much energy, and they have an incredible capacity to create a mess everywhere they go. So poetic right?

    ReplyDelete