Sunday, May 16, 2010

Rise and shine!

Every parent has experienced this life injustice: During the week your kids struggle getting up to go to school. But during the weekend, when they could actually stay in bed as long as they want, they pop out of it without problem, even BEFORE their regular wake up time.

I don’t remember what I was dreaming this morning when I heard Isabella’s cry in the background. That woke me up for sure. I looked at the clock: “6:18? Ugh”. I then looked at Lionel: “Did he hear her? I guess not”.

So I got up, took her out of her crib, changed her diaper, and brought her to our bed. I have tried this move a million times without success. Instead of settling back down, she starts jumping up and down, putting her hands in your face, poking you with her little feet, and in short, doing whatever she can to ensure you get up as well. It’s playtime after all!

But this morning it was different. She actually snuggled with me for 40 minutes! A pleasure I rarely get to experience anymore.

So early or not, that was one special way to start my day.

1 comment:

  1. Buenísimo tu blog!!! Soy fan!!!! Es el diario de cualquier mama, es saber que no estas loca y que lo que piensas o haces es NORMAL, que hay muchas mujeres, como uno, viviendo y aprendiendo día a día.
    Varios comentarios:
    -Empatia total en el blog de ingles y sus usos, y que me dices de la dificultad de pronunciar young o stars (que siempre decimos estars) jajaja muy bueno :)
    - Una mega porra para Sofia y su muy madura reacción ante las vacunas!
    - Date night, no puede ser mas exacto, lo mismo hicimos Luis y yo ayer, y es lo maaaaaaximo!!!! Y aunquehe de confesar que me siento abuela, pero me vale, jajaja
    - Again felicidades a Gaby, que gran logro! Y muy bueno y analítico el log de los sentimientos!
    - La apapachada mañanera de Bella la aplique con la Carola por muchos meses hasta esta semana que ya no quizo dormir después de comer (menos mal que esto es alrededor de las 8am) y eso hizo que aumentara el desayuno a su meal plan, significando que jugara por un rato antes de volver a tomar siesta, tipo 10:30... En fin espero en algún momento regresar al apapacho mañanero :)

    ReplyDelete